The University of Tennessee officially welcomed 14 early enrollees on Wednesday, as part of what will likely be a top five 2014 recruiting class.
Among the 14 early enrollees are five-star recruits Jalen Hurd and Josh Malone.
Here’s the complete list of 2014 commits that have enrolled for the spring semester at Tennessee.
- Dontavius Blair — OL — 4-Star
- Daniel Helm — TE — 4-Star
- Joe Henderson — DE — 4-Star
- Jalen Hurd — RB — 5-Star
- Jakob Johnson — LB — 4-Star
- Josh Malone — WR — 5-Star
- Dimarya Mixon — DE — 3-Star
- Emmanuel Moseley — DB — 3-Star
- D’Andre Payne — DB — 4-Star
- Von Pearson — WR — 4-Star
- Ray Raulerson — OL — 3-Star
- Coleman Thomas — OL — 3-Star
- Owen Williams — DL — 3-Star
- Ethan Wolf — TE — 3-Star
Vol legacy Neiko Creamer, who was hoping to be an early enrollee, was unable to enroll for the spring semester. He’s still expected to sign his national letter of intent in February.
Tennessee commit Neiko Creamer will not be mid-termer because NCAA Clearinghouse was unable to approve his academic documents in time.
— Jimmy Hyams (@JimmyHyams) January 7, 2014
The extra practice time will be huge for this group of 14 players. Being able to go through spring practice will have players like Jalen Hurd, Josh Malone, D’Andre Payne and others ready to contribute immediately.
The Vols are still trying to dig their way out of the hole that was created by the former coaching staff and this recruiting class will go a long way toward accomplishing that.