Two weeks from tonight former Tennessee Volunteer Cordarrelle Patterson will be at Radio City Music Hall in New York hoping to hear his name called in the first round.
Patterson is one of 23 players who will be attending the draft on April 25th.
The South Carolina native was a hot name following an impressive showing at the NFL draft combine in February.
As recent as Tennessee’s pro day there were analysts that believed that Patterson would be the first receiver taken in the draft, possibly even being drafted in the top ten.
More recently it’s been reported that scouts and team officials have concerns over Patterson’s lack of experience. There are also rumors that Patterson’s team interviews didn’t go as well as one would hope.
Some analysts now are projecting that Patterson could fall all the way to the second round.
There’s no doubting Patterson’s athletic ability, Tennessee fans can attest to that much. If Patterson were to fall to the second round whoever drafts him would be getting a first round talent at a much lower cost. With the right coaching Patterson could be a pro-bowl caliber receiver in the NFL.
The NFL draft will begin on April 25th and continue through April 27th.
Here’s a full list of players that will be attending the draft.
- Ezekiel Ansah, DE, Brigham Young
- Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
- Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina
- Eric Fisher, T, Central Michigan
- Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
- D.J. Fluker, T, Alabama
- Luke Joeckel, T, Texas A&M
- Lane Johnson, T, Oklahoma
- Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
- Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
- E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
- Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
- Barkevious Mingo, DE, Louisiana State
- Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
- Eric Reid, S, Louisiana State
- Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
- Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
- Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
- Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
- Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
- Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
- Menelik Watson, T, Florida State
- Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State