No. 5 – Brent Cimaglia, Kicker
If you have watched Tennessee football in recent years, you will know the kicking game has been everything but consistent. I am not putting any players down it could have been better.
More from All for Tennessee
- How to Win a GUARANTEED $200 Bonus Betting Just $5 on the Vols vs. Florida!
- Tennessee Football at Florida: Five Keys to a Vols Victory
- Week 3 SEC Power Rankings: Did Tennessee Football’s Win Help At All?
- Week 3 AP Polls: Why Did Tennessee Football Drop in the Polls?
- Tennessee Football: Top Five Performers in 30-13 Win vs. Austin Peay
A lot of folks take the special teams game for granted, but in a lot of cases, it can be the difference in a win or a loss. Just, ask Alabama fans. With one long field try, that missed, the Auburn Tigers made history with that magically ‘kick-six.’
Last season, Cimaglia played in five games. He attempted three extra points and made all three of them. He also attempted 13 field goals and connected on eight of them for a percentage of 61.5.
This is not going to cut it. It is hard to compare anyone to Jeff Hall, but by his senior season Hall was making field goals at 79.2 percent. If Cimaglia could improve his percentage to around 75 that would help the Vols significantly next season.
Maybe I am wrong, but I do not see the Vols getting ran out of the stadium next season. There will be no more 41-0 losses. With the game getting closer the kicking game could be the difference in a 5-7 record to a 7-5 record.