No.5 Jordan Scarlett – Florida Gators, Running Back
Jordan Scarlett was the leading rushing for the Florida Gators in the 2016 season. He rushed for 889 yards with six touchdowns. He was a tough runner and looked to be one of the best running backs in the SEC in the 2017 season, but he was one of the Gators involved in the credit card fraud scandal.
More from All for Tennessee
- How to Win a GUARANTEED $200 Bonus Betting Just $5 on the Vols vs. Florida!
- Tennessee Football at Florida: Five Keys to a Vols Victory
- Week 3 SEC Power Rankings: Did Tennessee Football’s Win Help At All?
- Week 3 AP Polls: Why Did Tennessee Football Drop in the Polls?
- Tennessee Football: Top Five Performers in 30-13 Win vs. Austin Peay
Scarlett was reinstated to the program once Dan Mullen became the head coach. All reports and signs indicate that he is in the best shape he’s ever been in and is ready for college football again.
In the 2016 game against Tennessee, Scarlett only rushed for 44 yards on ten attempts. However, he did account for one touchdown. The 44 rushing yards was one of the lowest of his season.
Don’t let that game fool you. Scarlett had three games with over 100 rushing yards. Those three games all came against SEC defenses. In the Outback Bowl against Iowa, he accounted for 94 yards on 14 attempts.
Scarlett was voted as an All-SEC third-team selection for the 2018 season. It will be interesting to see how much he can improve from having an entire year away from football. However, the Gators have a new offensive-minded head coach that will be looking to score a lot of points.