No.3 – Update on the transfers?
I doubt we get any sort of an answer to this question. Pruitt probably doesn’t have any more information on what the NCAA will do with transfers as the next coach.
More from All for Tennessee
- How to Win a GUARANTEED $200 Bonus Betting Just $5 on the Vols vs. Florida!
- Tennessee Football at Florida: Five Keys to a Vols Victory
- Week 3 SEC Power Rankings: Did Tennessee Football’s Win Help At All?
- Week 3 AP Polls: Why Did Tennessee Football Drop in the Polls?
- Tennessee Football: Top Five Performers in 30-13 Win vs. Austin Peay
For that matter, Pruitt doesn’t know any more than the random joe that follows college football starting in September.
That isn’t a knock on Pruitt by any means. It’s just the NCAA is incapable of delivering consistent judgment on player transferring and all the rules.
But, someone will ask the question if there is any news on the waivers for defensive lineman Aubrey Solomon and defensive back Deangelo Gibbs? My guess Pruitt will say no, and the interview will continue on.
It’s unfortunate because both Solomon and Gibbs have the talent to play and make an impact on the team next season. And, if Tennessee needs anything, it’s experienced bodies on the defensive line.
Solomon was a five-star defensive tackle in the 2017 class and was rated as the 23rd recruit in the nation. At Michigan, the 6-foot-3, 288 pounder hasn’t really done much in ten games. However, it seems like a change will be best for him.