2. At Florida Gators
Saturday, Sept. 25; Ben Hill Griffin Stadium; Gainesville, Fla.
There was a period when the Florida Gators would be the toughest game for Tennessee football only because of how snakebitten the Vols were with them. However, at this point, it just has to do with talent and how much out of UT’s league Florida is right now.
More from Vols Football
- How to Win a GUARANTEED $200 Bonus Betting Just $5 on the Vols vs. Florida!
- Tennessee Football at Florida: Five Keys to a Vols Victory
- Week 3 SEC Power Rankings: Did Tennessee Football’s Win Help At All?
- Week 3 AP Polls: Why Did Tennessee Football Drop in the Polls?
- Tennessee Football: Top Five Performers in 30-13 Win vs. Austin Peay
Dan Mullen’s team just won the East, and he’s one of the best coaches in the SEC. We can safely say Florida will once again be a brutal matchup for the Vols. They have won 15 out of 16 and four straight for a reason. Even with a new head coach for the Vols injecting some new blood and a new quarterback for Florida, things won’t really change, at least not this year.
Unlike the Georgia Bulldogs, UT has to face Florida on the road. Also, and we have to stress this, Florida did beat Georgia last year. Finally, UF is the fourth game of the season, while UGA is the second off a bye. Taking that into account, the Vols will likely be thinner against Florida than Georgia, and they’ll be less acclimated to Josh Heupel’s offense.
Simply put, a fifth straight loss to the Gators and 16th loss in 17 years is all but certain. UT fans would obviously love nothing more than to make this series competitive again, and that may be on the horizon, but it’s not in the cards this year.