6’1″ 210 pounds
Nobody can deny that linebacker was a huge position of need for Tennessee football in the offseason. Henry To’o To’o transferred to the Alabama Crimson Tide, Quavaris Crouch transferred to the Michigan State Spartans and J.J. Peterson and Martavius French are still in the portal.
More from Vols Football
- How to Win a GUARANTEED $200 Bonus Betting Just $5 on the Vols vs. Florida!
- Tennessee Football at Florida: Five Keys to a Vols Victory
- Week 3 SEC Power Rankings: Did Tennessee Football’s Win Help At All?
- Week 3 AP Polls: Why Did Tennessee Football Drop in the Polls?
- Tennessee Football: Top Five Performers in 30-13 Win vs. Austin Peay
Josh Heupel helped offset that by bringing in Texas Longhorns transfer Juwan Mitchell. Aaron Willis is an elite newcomer. Solon Page III, Aaron Beasley and Jeremy Banks are all still there too. Of all these guys, though, only Mitchell was a proven linebacker, so Heupel needed more depth, and he added another transfer.
Enter William Mohan from the Michigan Wolverines. The graduate of Erasmus Hall in New York’s Kings County spent one year in Ann Arbor, Mich. and appeared in one game, against the Minnesota Golden Gophers. He had one tackle in that outing. Now, Mohan joins a program in desperate need of help at the linebacker spot.
Given his frame, Mohan can be more of a coverage linebacker than lots of guys at the position. However, he was recruited as an outside linebacker, so he can also rush the passer. As a result, watch out for what he does this year. He’ll likely see a lot of playing time, even if he doesn’t start.