Last week: Defeated Clemson Tigers 10-3
If we’re being honest with ourselves about the projected value of each team beaten, the Georgia Bulldogs are No. 1 on here. After all, the Clemson Tigers have made six straight College Football Playoff appearances and were once again a top five program for a reason.
More from Vols Football
- How to Win a GUARANTEED $200 Bonus Betting Just $5 on the Vols vs. Florida!
- Tennessee Football at Florida: Five Keys to a Vols Victory
- Week 3 SEC Power Rankings: Did Tennessee Football’s Win Help At All?
- Week 3 AP Polls: Why Did Tennessee Football Drop in the Polls?
- Tennessee Football: Top Five Performers in 30-13 Win vs. Austin Peay
However, we have UGA down at No. 2 on our SEC Power Rankings for right now simply because all we can project at the moment is that they beat a Power Five team. To be fair, the disparities from last year are enough to put Kirby Smart’s team above the Ole Miss Rebels.
Now, putting all that aside, nobody is in a better position than the Georgia Bulldogs the rest of the year. They have one ranked team left on their schedule, the Florida Gators, and if they run the table, they could go to the SEC Championship game, lose it and still make the playoff. That’s how big of a deal their win over Clemson was. We know they’ll blow out Tennessee football.
Up next: UAB Blazers
After a huge win, UGA gets a break, but they still play an FBS school, and that could be enough for us to move them up our list depending on how much they dominate. The UBA Blazers are 1-0 too and a solid program under head coach Bill Clark, so watch out for them.